French for 'Almost an Island' because of the vast stretches of lakes and rivers that surround the land, the Presque Isle area offers hundreds of lakes and streams with very diverse fishing. Many of the larger, deeper lakes are well-established walleye and musky fisheries, with smaller waters offering bass and panfish. When deciding where to fish, your choices range from a 1200+ acre chain of lakes to smaller wilderness lakes with depths of up to 100', and everything in between. Even better, our quiet, unspoiled surroundings mean that fishing pressure is always light. You may even have the lake to yourself!
No Excuses Then, It's Just You Vs. The Fish...
For more specific information on all of our lakes, as well as printable maps, go to Lake-Link and enter Vilas County. Also, the book Fishing Hot Spots, both the Presque Isle and Winchester/Manitowish Waters area additions, are great buys with accurate maps & tips and can be picked up at any fishing store on your way Up North.
If you're fishing a smaller lake and are having a hard time finding information, stop in at Headwaters Real Estate at the corner of B & W and take a look at our ancient DNR lake guide, which has information on even the remotest and smallest lakes in the area.
Guides & Bait
- Howie Meyer at Seven Islands Guide Service - (715) 686-7155
- Forber Taylor - (715) 686-7580
- Adam Johnson - (715) 686-2928
- Cal Johnson - (715) 686-2928
- For bait, Thoma's Mini-Mart on the corner of B&W has minnows, suckers, shiners, chubs, leeches, crawlers, etc.
- Up North Sport is open seasonally, and has bait and additional fishing equipment. Located on Hwy B up the hill.